Environmental, Socio - Economic, and Health Impacts of Artisanal and Small Scale Mining
In many developing countries, artisanal and small-scale mining (ASM) plays an important economic role. Small-scale mining can be extremely environmentally damaging and often has serious health and safety consequences for workers and surrounding communities. Regarding this issue, an international conference on environmental, socio-economic, and health impacts of ASM is needed to increase opportunity for scientists, policy makers and mining industries in the world to get together and exchange experience on management of ASM. The conference is organized by Research Centre for Management of Degraded and Mining Lands, a research collaboration between Brawijaya University (Indonesia), Mataram University (Indonesia), Massey University (New Zealand) and Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences (P.R. China) in attempting to create opportunities in ASM areas.
- To share recent research trend, experiences and research work among scientists, industry, community, and policy makers; and discuss direction of collaborative research in management of ASM.
- To strengthen the relationship among scientists, industry, community, and policy makers.
The conference will serve as an excellent opportunity for scientists, industry personnel, to discuss views, trends, exchange knowledge, establishing research collaboration in management of ASM to draw support from the industrial and the governmental sectors.
Place : Widyaloka UB,
Date : February 07-08, 2012
February 06, 2012: Welcome dinner
February 07-08, 2012: Conference
* Environmental Impacts of ASM
* Socio-economic Impacts of ASM
* Health impacts of ASM
* Managing the problems associated with ASM
February 09-11, 2012: Tour package (optional):
* A two day tour to ASGM area at Sekotong, Lombok Island
* A one day tour to Bromo Mountain, East Java
- Dr. C.W.N. Andersen - Massey University, New Zealand
- Prof. Xinbin Feng - Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Prof. B.M. Kumar - Kerala Agricultural University, India
- PT. Newmont Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Dates and Deadlines
December 07, 2011
Extended to January 07, 2012
- Acceptance notification:
December 21, 2011
January 15, 2012
- Full Manuscript:
January 27, 2012
January 10, 2012
January 20, 2012
International Research Centre for Management of Degraded and Mining Lands